Weekday Weddings: Your Guide to a Stress-Free Wedding on a Budget
Weekday weddings are the best weddings. There’s no way around it. But there are ways to save money on your wedding day, and one of the best ways is to have a weekday wedding.
Weekday weddings have become increasingly popular recently, as couples look for ways to save money on their big day. And while they may not be as glamorous as a Saturday night wedding, they can be just as beautiful and unique.
If you’re considering a weekday wedding, here’s everything you need to know, from the pros and cons to how to save money with a weekday wedding.
Why a weekday wedding?
For many couples, getting married on a Friday or even Monday might sound unappealing. But there are quite a few reasons you should consider having your nuptials during the week! Here are just some of the benefits:
- You’ll most likely be able to book your dream venue since Fridays and Saturdays are typically the busiest days for weddings.
- Vendors such as photographers, caterers, and florists will also be available at a discounted rate.
- Your guests will appreciate not having to take time off from work and will be more likely to attend your wedding.
How to save money with a weekday wedding:
If you’ve decided that a weekday wedding is proper for you, there are still ways you can save money and have the beautiful day you’ve always dreamed of. Here are some tips:
- Have your ceremony and reception in the same place to avoid paying for transportation between locations.
- Choose an off-peak time for your wedding. The most popular times for weddings are Saturday evenings, so you’ll save money if you have your wedding during the day or on a Friday evening.
- Have a shorter guest list. This will help with costs like food and drink, as well as favors and invitations.
- DIY some of the elements of your wedding. From decor to invitations to favors, there are tons of things you can do yourself to save money.
Tips for planning a stress-free weekday wedding:
Planning any wedding can be stressful, but there are ways to make it less so. If you’re planning a weekday wedding, here are some tips to help you out:
- Start planning early. This will give you plenty of time to find the best deals on venues and vendors.
- Keep your guest list small. A smaller guest list means fewer people to worry about pleasing!
- Delegate tasks to family and friends. Ask them to help find a venue, caterer, or DIY projects.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Remember that at the end of the day, all that matters is that you’re married to the love of your life—everything else is just details.
A weekday wedding can be a great way to save money and still have the beautiful wedding day you’ve always dreamed of. Just be sure to weigh the pros and cons, and start planning early to ensure everything goes smoothly!